According to Israeli law, all residents of the country are obliged to take out membership at one of the four Kupot Cholim (Health Services), Maccabi, Meuhedet, Clalit or Leumit.
As the country works on a socialised health care system, the basic basket of health care is paid through the Bituach Leumi (National Insurance Institute) either coming out of the individual’s pay check or by paying the minimum requirements as a non-working resident.
In addition to the basic health plan that is offered through the Government, each Kupat Cholim offers a supplementary health plan which provides the individual with extra services at a monthly premium that is based on the patient’s age bracket.
While the supplementary plans offer extensive coverage, the Kupot Cholim are often unable to provide certain services. As a result, many Israelis make the decision to purchase additional Private Health Insurance that supplements where the Government or Kupat Cholim plans are lacking.
Private health Insurance:
- Medications and Genetic Screening
- Transplants worldwide
- Operations and special alternative technologies in Israel and abroad
- Choice of private hospital in Israel, in the event of an operation and choice of surgeon from list of surgeons on the insurance company list
- Alternative technologies
- Quick diagnosis coverage
- Ambulatory coverage – Coverage of up to NIS 12,000 per person per Insurance year
- Private tests such as an MRI or CT, etc.
- Consultations with specialists registered on the Israeli board of doctors
- Pregnancy package
There are many different types of private health plans available, therefore we recommend a free no-obligation consultation with one of our agents who will discuss the options and help you choose the right package for your needs.
Joffe Jankelowitz Insurance Agency takes no responsibility for changes in Israeli legislation that may alter the accuracy of the above information